Friday, April 25, 2008

Another Night of Fishing




Last night was my weekly fishing night with my friend Chris, AKA Mr. Grumpypants. He's grumpy because this is the second week in a row where I have staged a come-from-behind victory in the final minutes of our weekly fishing competition. We have a scoring system that awards 1 point for every pound of fish that you catch. A fish has to weigh over 1lb. to qualify though. The winner gets to take a lure out of the loser's tackle-box. Anyway, last week I stole the victory by one point after trailing by 3. Last night, however, was akin to a Michael Jordan buzzer-beater, a John Elway hail-mary, or Tiger Woods sinking a 50 footer to win a major. Yes; it was that good. It was nearly dark, I was down by one, I could see Mr. Grumpypants licking his lips fantasizing about my lucky crankbait lure that he was going to take, when I landed this 4 pounder to crush Grumpy's dreams once again. Ahh, victory is sweet.

No comments: