Saturday, December 20, 2008

Restroom Danger, part 2

A couple of months ago I told you about a dangerous encounter I had in the restroom at Home Depot. Interestingly enough, I had another bizarre occurance in a restroom...this time at Wal-Mart. I had just finished some of my Christmas shopping, feeling lost, homesick, and ready to assume the fetal position after wandering the isles of Wal-Mart wondering to myself if I was the only "normal" person in the store, when I decided I'd better use the restroom before the journey home. So I parked my cart, grabbed my bag of pruchases and walked into the restroom. There was a sign next to it that grabbed my attention, "No merchandise beyond this point". I figured I'd be okay since I just bought these items and they were now mine. Anyway, as I walked into the restroom I wondered to myself, "That's weird. I wonder where all of the urinals are?" I went ahead and used a toilet, no need to shut the stall door behind me since I wasn't going to be sitting, right? Finished my business, washed my hands, and was clapping my hands (strangely something I have never done before) under the hand dryer when a lady walked around the corner and gave me a very startled look and bolted back out of the restroom. And then... the light went on in my head... that was the reason there weren't any urinals. I hollered after the lady, "Wait, maybe I'm in the wrong one!"

The moral of the story; stay vigilent out there this holiday season. Pay attention to all of the signs...not just the ones with words on them...look at the pictures of stick figures too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story Adam. Glad I''m not the only one in the family who has gone into the wrong restroom!
However, Jason still takes the cake for the best restroom story--ask him at Christmas!

Mom

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

Something similar happened to me a couple of days ago too. I was too late to catch the subway back home, so I decided to stay over at one of the saunas in the city. It's inexpensive and relaxing.

There are three areas: sauna area for men, sauna area for women, and the communal area where families and friends hang out, watching TV, etc. After watching a movie in the communal area I wanted to go back to my locker in the men's area; but I accidentally walked into the ladies sauna.

I made a quick U-turn... At least one lady saw me; however, I think I got away with my mistake for being a foreigner, as she didn't scream and she didn't report the "pervert foreigner".

There were no stick figures, and the signs are all in a foreign language.

Einstein's Brain said...

I love the Korean saunas. It doesn't bother me to hang out in those. I say that if everybody is nude, nobody is nude!